Egypt

This was the first trip my boyfriend Blake and I took together. We both have a love of Egyptian art and history, so it was the perfect baecation for us. We went to Cairo, Luxor, and Aswan for 12 days. We had guides for all the different places we went to teach us more about the temples, the history, and the art. Again, people were pretty fascinated by us and wanted to take pictures with us. This was right after their revolution, so there weren’t many tourist, which made our experience even more personal. Unfortunately, because of it, people there are desperate for money. We constantly were bombarded by people trying to sell us something, or doing favors for us and expecting a tip. Which unfortunately, slightly took away from our experience. There were bombs going off at some point during our trip, but I only know this because my mom called and asked if were were okay. We didn’t hear a thing while there. I got deathly sick a few days into our trip, like, I thought I was dying. I think I got some of the water in my mouth or something but I was very ill. I lost some weight, I couldn’t eat, I had a temperature, I was throwing up, I had bad diarrhea. I was sick for 3-4 days before I realized I needed a doctor. They injected me with antibiotics through my butt and gave me medication lol. . The next day I was starting to feel better. We got to see the pyramids of Giza and go inside it, it’s huge! As well as the Sphinx, and ride camels! I would definitely go back to experience more of what I missed the 3-4 days I was sick. It was amazing.


















Comments