Spring Equinox

Happy Spring, finally! Spring officially starts Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 12:15pm. I am so excited for warmer weather ahead! 

I created this image by standing up against a white wall and pretending to be looking at something in my hand. I wore a fur coat, and I have it draping off my shoulders to signify the shedding of winter. I have my new curly fro haircut and I am feeling ready for change! In photoshop, I changed the background color by adding 2 radical gradients. Which simply means, the edges of an image will be darker than the center. If you do it invertedly then the center will be dark while the outsides will be lighter. One mode is Color Burn, the other is Linear Light, to get this sepia vignette effect. I then added turquoise looking butterflies that are flying at different angles all around. Followed by sunflowers in my hair. The warmth of the image signifies the coming of summer and warm weather. While, the butterflies signify not only spring, but beauty, growth, rebirth, transformation, creativity, endless potential, vibrant joy, and spiritual guidanceSunflowers symbolize adoration, loyalty, and longevity. Much of the meaning of sunflowers stems from its namesake, the sun itself. These flowers are unique in that they have the ability to provide energy in the form of nourishment and vibrancy. Their attributes mirror the sun and the energy provided by its heat and light. Sunflowers are known for being “happy” flowers, and boy am I happy about warm weather!!!

Comments