Peeping Tom

Concept: I wanted to make an image where it looked like someone was spying on me. I am getting into the Halloween Fall spirit already and I want to create beautiful images that also have a bit of suspense and fear to it. 

Photography: I took this in my bedroom. I had my ring light off to the side so that my face would be illuminated more than my back side. 

Photo Editing: In the original photo you could see my reflection in the mirror and I really liked that. I almost didn't add the keyhole effect just because I was really liking how you could see a different side of me in the mirror. I found an old image of a scuffed up keyhole, in high resolution of course. I placed my image on top of the the key hole image. I used the selection tool on the black part of the key hole silhouette and used a mask to show my image through it. I then added some blurring techniques to make it look more realistic and less harsh around the key hole edges. I also added a vignette to make the key hole image dark.

Comments